The revocation is an irreversible state and means definitively invalidating a digital certificate.
The revocation of a certificate can be requested by:
- The person in charge of the service
- The person holding the certificate
- The AOC Consortium, as a provider of digital certification services
Below we explain how to carry out the revocation depending on the applicant:
1. Access the EACAT , specifically in Procedures>Consorci AOC>Digital Certification Service> T-CAT: Request for revocations
2. In the “Initial Information” tab, the revoke certificates option is already selected, so click “Save Draft” to continue.
3. In the "Request data" tab, you can write the data of the certificate to be revoked (the tool will detect the certificate automatically), or you can search for the certificate with the magnifying glass .
If you select the magnifying glass option , the following screen will open:
Fill in the following information:
- "Name" or "NIF/NIE" of the certificate to be revoked.
- The status of the certificate. which in our case is "Valid" by default, given that if it is expired it cannot be revoked.
- Select the "Type of certificate"
Click on "Search"
Once the certificate appears, it will be selected and "Select" will be clicked to continue.
4. In the "Request notices" tab, select the reason for revocation and then "Next"
The main reasons for revocation are:
- Compromise of the information contained in the certificate (for example change of subscriber data)
- Compromise of key or certificate security (e.g. suspected fraudulent use of certificate or PIN and PUK)
- Compromise of the cryptographic device (eg loss or inoperability of the cryptographic device)
- Reasons relating to the subscriber or the key holder (for example end of the subscriber's contractual relationship or change of the subscriber's data)
- Inclusion in the list of prohibited subscribers (for example inclusion of a subscriber in the list of prohibited subscribers)
5. Then send the request for signature using the "Send for signature" button. The user with the role of applicant for personal certificates must sign the submission from EACAT/My procedures/To sign, by pressing the "Sign" button.
The request will be registered in EACAT and in the hands of the Registration entity it will have to carry out its generation.
To be able to revoke the certificate, you must access the address https://scd.aoc.cat/revocar and add the requested data. If you do not remember the Management Code:
- You can find it in the email in which the PIN and PUK codes were sent to you
- You can find it on the delivery sheet you signed when you received the T-CAT.
- You can recover it by clicking the red link at the bottom of the screen and you can Recover the data to the indicated email address.
The revocation can be done 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Certificate Revoke screen:
"Recover data" screen
The holder will receive an email to be able to retrieve the data:
Once the requested data has been filled in, the holder can revoke the certificate and will receive an email to the address indicated with the change in the status of the certificate and confirming that the certificate has been revoked. The message that the certificate has been revoked will also appear on the screen.
The certificate has been revoked:
The holder can also revoke their certificate by calling 900 90 50 90 (24*7 service), where they will also need to indicate the management code.